A good way to find out more about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Happy holidays <<First Name>>,
Welcome to issue #11, the last issue for 2015 until we return and settle back in next year.
It has been a really big year for us! Disability Loop is a project that was created by Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO) a little over 12 months ago now. We’re very proud of what we have achieved since then, and of what we have planned for next year.
Some Disability Loop highlights from 2015:
- Early in the year we met with over 80 organisations that are run by and for people with disabilities and their families from all over the country, to ask them how their communities will be affected by the NDIS.
- We launched disabilityloop.org.au in May – a website that is designed to give people information and resources about the NDIS that is easy to use and easy to find.
- We also started sharing content on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in May.
- We saw some big changes in the NDIS, with new trial sites, and with four states so far signing the bilateral agreements (New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia).
- We became familiar with some of the exciting new technologies for people with disability at the NDIS New World Conference in October.
- In December, we ran two pilot workshops from two of our upcoming NDIS workshops series (one series will be for community organisations, the other series is train-the-trainer style for people with disability to run in their own communities all around Australia).
- And we sent out 11 issues of Disability Loop eNews! You can catch up on past issues here.
Thank you very much to all of you who have shown us your support by helping us to get easy to understand news and information out there during this great big transition that is the NDIS.
Christmas can be a tough time of year for a lot of us, so please look after yourselves and each other. We hope you all have a happy and safe holidays!
Feeling lonely or just want to make new friends? Come join the MDM Club for free. Chat in a safe and tolerant space, created especially for the disability community.
We hope you find our website and eNews useful, helpful, and easy to use. We will always welcome your feedback.