The Centre for Disability Studies Presents Medication Management in Supported Living Settings
Facilitated by Dr Seeta Durvasula & Sam Arnold
Everything you wanted to know about medications and medication management in a supported living setting but were too afraid to ask.
This workshop is aimed at support workers and managers, and covers:
- What are medications?
- Adverse drug reactions Medication errors
- Specific medications – including psychotropics, anticonvulsants, antibiotics
- Practical aspects, including ADHC & NDIS policies and funding requirements
- Documentation, administration, hygiene
- Storage and disposal
- Medication administration errors – prevention and response
- Supporting self-administration
Date: 21st July 2016
Time: 9:30AM – 1.00 PM (Morning Tea will be provided)
Location: Auditorium, Ground floor, Medical Foundation Building (K25), Camperdown, Sydney, NSW 2050