Series 2: NDIS Confidence and Capability Training
Register now for all 8 workshops
JFA Purple Orange is running Series 2 of our free NDIS Confidence and Capability Training to help people living with physical disability prepare for the NDIS. The training involves eight workshops where you will learn skills and knowledge about your rights, the law, the history of disability, managing your support, managing funding and connecting with your local community. Upon completion, you should feel more confident and capable about engaging with the NDIS. Each workshop will be presented by people living with physical disability.
Series 2 is the same as the first series of training and is for people who missed out on registering for Series 1. It does not include additional content.
Each workshop runs from 10:00am-2:00pm at JFA Purple Orange, 104 Greenhill Road Unley. They are free to attend and lunch will be provided. Limited accessible parking is available on site.
The workshop topics are:
Feeling lonely or just want to make new friends? Come join the MDM Club for free. Chat in a safe and tolerant space, created especially for the disability community.
- How we got here – Thursday 5 May 2016
- Confidence Gives You Capability – Thursday 19 May 2016
- Your Rights and the Law – Thursday 2 June 2016
- The NDIS Potential, Managing, Planning – Thursday 16 June 2016
- Managing your Support Workers and Agency – Thursday 30 June 2016
- Managing your Equipment and your Funding – Thursday 14 July 2016
- Connecting into Community Life, Keeping Yourself Safe – Thursday 28 July 2016
- Review, Discuss, Share, Questions – Thursday 11 August 2016
More detail about what you will learn in each workshop is available in the flyer below.
Register for all 8 workshops via Eventbrite https://ndiscctraining2.eventbrite.com.au
Please contact us directly on (08) 8373 8333 or email [email protected] if you only want to register for one, or some, of the workshops.
Spaces are limited – register now to guarantee your place.
The workshops are funded by the NDIA Community Inclusion and Capability Development Fund.