Posted by davidwoodbr on December 27, 2015
As a follow-up to my December 7 2015 demo of a Beats Pill 2.0 portable speaker, as I stated then, I would do a demo of pairing two Beats Pill 2.0 speakers when I purchased two. Now I have and this demo shows you how to firstly pair them together so that they play the same sound and with the 2nd pairing for each speaker playing left right channel. Pairing the two speakers together is done via NFC which you will find the NFC tag at the back left hand side of the speakers (slightly raised logo).
Process for pairing two speakers is:
1. Turn on both speakers (mine both paired themselves to my iPhone with only the 2nd one being actually paired),
2. The first speaker, hold Play/Pause in to put it back in pairing mode,
3. First speaker touch NFC tag (back left hand side) with 2nd speaker,
4. First time you touch NFC Tags together: single beep play both speakers together, and second touch two beeps for left right channel play, and finally,
5. Can keep touching the NFC tags together if you wish to go between these modes if you wish.
You can turn one speaker off and keep using a single speaker if you want.
I have been using the first pairing mode for listening to cricket with each Beats Pill being in different parts of the house, and the left right speaker mode for listening to music in the same room with the speakers positioned for left and right channel/speaker listening.